Gilles Denizot appeared in major opera houses and concert halls in i.e. Amsterdam, Berlin, Brussels, Cardiff, Geneva, Glasgow, London, Monte-Carlo, Montreal, New York, Paris, Washington D.C. and Zurich as a permanent soloist of the Opernhaus.
Works with directors Willy Decker, Michael Hampe, Jean-Pierre Ponnelle, Patrice Caurier and Moshe Leiser, Alfredo Arias, Bernard Uzan, Joël Lauwers, Jetzke Mijnssen, Albert-André Lheureux, Georges Delnon, Charlie Degotte etc.
and with conductors Armin Jordan, Nikolaus Harnoncourt, Ralf Weikert, Peter Maag, Bertrand de Billy, Cyril Diederich, Jacques Lacombe, Michel Tilkin, Marco-Maria Canonica, Howard Griffiths, Giuseppe Grazioli, John Cage, Baudoin de Jaer, Paul Strauss etc.
Actor/singer in Zement by Heiner Müller (performed in German, Italian, and French) in Paris.
His CD Sudden Sunsets (recorded live in 1995 at Lincoln Center New York) features works by Chris DeBlasio and Kevin Oldham, both lost to AIDS.
Featured in the award-winning musical documentary “All The Way Through Evening”, by Australian film director Rohan Spong.
Recipient of various prizes and distinctions, i.e.:
- Soloist of the Year 1990 by the Communauté Radios Publiques Langue Française (CRPLF)
- Juventus – European Laureate 1991
- Swiss contestant at the BBC Cardiff Singer of the World 1991
- Theater Managers Price 1994 (France)
- Sacem Price for Art Songs 1994 (France)
- Fondation Cziffra Laureate 1998 (France)
For more information, please