In July 2008, Gilles Denizot directed Bizet’s Carmen in Tinos (Greece). Read the articles published in Ekathimerini / Herald Tribune
- Bizet’s Carmen visits a small Tinos village, by Margarita Pournara
- Η «Κάρμεν» όπερα δρόμου στην Τήνο, της Μαργαριτας Πουρναρα
- Προ-βολες - Η Κάρμεν στην Τήνο, της Μαργαριτας Πουρναρα
In 2009, he also adapted KAPMEN? by Mérimée and Bizet and directed it at Pierce Studio Theater in Athens (Premiere on May 15, 2009) and a 6’40″ adaptation of the Bizet’s opera: Carmen SHOT ή Λερναία Ύδρα και δολοφονία (Carmen SHOT or the Hydra and the murder), inspired by the riots in Greece (December 2008).
In April 2012, Gilles Denizot wrote and directed Pasticcio Madras in Chennai, India. This new production incorporated Baroque opera, Hindustani and electronic music.
- Britten’s Curlew River for Newcastle Area Chamber Opera (England)
- Massenet’s Manon in July 2012 (England)
For more information, please